OUR HAIR HEALTH CHECKLIST
It is no wonder that there is a lot of preoccupation with ‘going natural’ these days, especially when it comes to hair and makeup. It seems that the shift towards ORGANIC is transcending the diet and eating habits of the masses and entering this new wave of organically treating hair, skin, and the exterior body
While hair (hair weaves especially) is a multi-BILLION dollar industry, I can’t help but wonder what would happen if we were to spend that money on hair care of the AU NATURAL kind. It would shake the economy of those we are making filthy rich with our purchases to the core.
While I do sport long straight hair, it is natural and I do not have any chemicals as part of my regiment other than an occasional black rinse to take away these whisky grey groups of strands. Many people mistake my hair’s health for weave and perm. So here are my tips for GROWING a GLOWING crown glory!
- Substitute chemical dye for the HENNA dye instead
- Make sure you keep your hair hydrated and moisturized as much as possible. I heat all natural oils and brush them thoroughly every few days.
- Tie your hair up at night with a silk scarf after brushing and stimulating circulation.
- Generously use coconut oil as a shine and sheen to dry areas.
- Limit the use of heat (irons/blow dryers/pressing combs, etc.) as much as possible. Sitting under a hair dryer trumps the blow dryer for me every time.
- Keep those ends from splitting by getting frequent trims, especially if you see your hair is shedding.
7. Last, but certainly not least, take a skin, hair and nails vitamin supplement.